Monday, May 7, 2007

Play Ball!!!

Now, I don't think the title of this post is like my other ones...

You see, the other titles won't give you a clear idea of what you're about to read... But not this... I can't think of any other fitting title but the umpire's famous line:

"Play Baaaaaaall!!!"

Last May 5 was my very first, and official, amateur baseball game played in my entire life. Though I was present during the opening day game, I was not inserted in the lineup (for reasons you'll discover later... hahaha...).

Now playing... Right Field... # 58...

It's so damn hot in the middle of the day...

If not for the love of the game, the love for the Yankees and keeping my Lolo's legacy alive, I wouldn't have put my entire self into such a disgrace...

I suck playing this game. Well, yeah. I had no prior competitive experience before this. I played LF for 3 full innings. Was charged E9 twice, meaning Error on #9 position. I lost two simple flyballs, miscalculation of the ball's trajectory. I struck out looking on a 3-2 full count on my first and only at-bat.

Well, there you go. I hope to play one more game before the season ends. And I promise to be physically fit by next season, and competitive enough too. =)

Special thanks to Loren and Mariel for the pics and taking their time out in making the "surprise" appearance during our game. As if hindi ko nahalata Yel. =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nahalata daw.. wushuuuu!!!

Grabe, ikaw lang yung may cute na fans dun ah. Actually, ikaw lang yung may fans dun, period.

- Loren

Denmark said...

Korek ka dyan!!! Meron pa ko last game sa sat, wala lang... =)

Anonymous said...

oo nga...

nahalata daw...

di mo naman alam kung anong time kami dadating...

heeheehee...

Anonymous said...

sumagot ako sa chatterbox ko! check it now! as in now na!

Anonymous said...

ano ba yan, lagi ko nakakalimutang maglagay ng name...

- Loren