Wednesday, March 28, 2007

What's up Duck?

Oi! What's up Duck? Yep, Duck not Doc. It's my Kuya's birthday today. He just turned 31.
We're 3 boys in the family, the 3Ds.

Kuya Donald (Dodie to most of us and his friends) being the eldest. M

My ever-weird and tampururot Kuya Dennis (Tiss is his nick) and me, Denmark.
Now you know why it's Duck, for Donald Duck.

Yeah, my name's such a joke. There are whole lotta names starting with a D but why the hell?
Growing up, I looked up to him as my idol. Most of us do, right? He'd get all the new clothes, toys, stuff like that and will be passed on to us. You can tell that we're a thrifty family. Kuya Duck was our achiever. He'd top the whole class, the whole batch and be the front man during school activities. He'd get calls from different girls every night, bags of "love letters" and pictures requests. Hehehe. You can say he lived a showbiz life before.

But you know, things in life would suck sometimes. Before being able to finish highschool, he flunked a year and had to repeat. We were all shocked. Why? WTF? We soon found out that he went into this "peer pressure" thing. You all know what I mean by it

First he wanted to take up Physical Therapy in college. 2 things hindered him. He got short-listed in UP (if my memory serves me right) and my parents wanted another course for him. It's all in the family. From my lolo to my dad and uncles to my cousins, somebody within the family should continue the wood and iron works business. He ended up taking Architecture

Fast forward. You know that shitty things happen in life right? I just said it. Let's just say even if he went on to college and garnered good grades, he wasn't able to help it but succumb to the "dark side" of life. As a family, we all battled that, with him trying to help himself. It took as a while to finally, finally, finally get him out of there.

Now, my Kuya Duck, even if still single up to now lives a simple life with us. He takes care of our school service business and has a new hobby, fighting cocks. Hahaha. He's got a lot in our province of Quezon and around three here at home.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRO!!!

I wish you all the best in life. We're all here for you, we're all here for our family.

No comments: